Learning how to self manage is a critical skill that can benefit you both personally and professionally. Simply put, self management occurs when you’re able to control your thoughts, feelings, and actions. When you’re able to self manage, you will see a boost in your productivity, performance, and overall efficiency. So, how do you gain these valuable skills?
Similarities Between Self Management and Self Coaching
First, let’s dive into what self management means. We’ve already mentioned that self management skills allow you to manage your thoughts, feelings, and actions, meaning you can set big goals and take massive action to achieve them. In other words, you have control over your results once you can properly manage your thoughts, feelings, and actions. Sound familiar?
This is the exact idea behind the Model, a tool used in Self Coaching Scholars to solve any problem you may be struggling with. If you’ve heard of the Model before, you may be acquainted with the concept that your thoughts create your feelings, your feelings drive your actions, your actions create your results, so ultimately, your thoughts create your results. This is fantastic news. If you want to achieve a goal then all you have to do is work on changing your mind. It’s that simple.
How to Improve Your Self Management Skills
Because the Model is all that you need to solve any problem you have, it is also the answer to improving your self management skills. The Model simplifies your problem no matter how simple or complex and helps you come up with a solution. You can learn all about the Model by clicking here.
Once you’ve applied the Model, you will be able to:
- Set and reach your goals: Setting goals in your life is critical to your growth. When you apply the Model to your life, you will have a clear view of your true potential and be able to set and achieve goals you never thought possible.
- Strengthen your organization skills: Using time management strategies will allow you to increase your efficiency each day so you mark off everything on your calendar. You’ll be amazed at how much more you can get done.
- Focus on your self care: One of the best ways to improve your self management skills is by taking time for yourself to eat right, exercise routinely, and keep your stress levels low. Changing the way you approach your day will give you the mindset you need to take care of yourself.
- Enhance your work ethic: When you’re able to self manage, your professionalism, timeliness, and dependability will skyrocket because you’ve learned what it means to commit to yourself. You will become focused on results and willing to do whatever is needed to get things done.
- Learn how to make decisions quickly and easily: When you know the right way to make a decision, everything in your life will change. You’ll become more efficient, gain confidence, and start to see incredible results—all from decision-making.
Benefits of Good Self Management
Whether you’re learning how to self manage yourself to improve your productivity or looking to sharpen the self management skills of your team, you will see immediate results from doing so. An individual or team that is self managed will be able to focus on the overall outcome of any project instead of worrying about project-level objectives.
You will also notice that those who can self manage are more flexible, able to move from role to role within different projects. This can allow team members to gain experience throughout your company at all different levels of experience to grow personally and within your company.
Finally, those who are self managed can resolve conflict much more quickly than someone who isn’t. By identifying that our thoughts create our feelings, it becomes easier to manage how we feel (and ultimately, how we act) by controlling our thoughts. This is a pivotal skill to have and something that is taught when you use the Model.
The concept of self management can be applied to any area of your life. From managing stress to motivating yourself to exercise to achieving your career goals, honing your self management skills can change the trajectory of your life forever. You can become a valuable asset in any workplace—or as an entrepreneur.
To learn more about self management and the Model in Self Coaching Scholars, click here.